Weekend Machine Operator - Cartons (Ref: PK7491)
NEW VACANCY! (PK7491)
WEEKEND MACHINE OPERATOR - CARTONS
NORTH WEST (Please contact me for further location details)
£22,389 Including Shift Allowance + Life Insurance
Shifts: Saturday 6am - 6pm Sunday 6am - 6pm
Our Client is a well invested independent print & folding carton manufacturer. In house they have state-of-the-art printing presses, the latest folding technology and a range of finishing equipment. Supplying clients in the confectionary, food, cosmetics, healthcare & pharma to pet care markets.
They are currently looking to recruit a Weekend Machine Operator to join their team. The chosen candidate will be reliable and have experience within a cartons production department.
- Running a Mitsubishi machine
- Monitor and control carton quality.
- Maximise machine efficiencies and minimise downtime.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are adhered to (e.g. PPE, health and safety, hygiene and operational standards)
- Complete all related paperwork and input data onto MIS accurately to ensure carton quality checks can be carried out.
- Ensure machine speeds are always optimised.
- Ensure any defect print is highlighted to Team Leader and QA department and that it is flagged correctly.
- Provide holiday cover in line with production agreement, and provide sickness cover where possible
- Ensure effective shift handover is carried out.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational and self-motivational skills.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of all carton styles essential.