Warehouse & Transport Manager - Print And Direct Mail (Ref: DM1257)
NEW VACANCY! (DM1257)
WAREHOUSE & TRANSPORT MANAGER - PRINT AND DIRECT MAIL
£TBC on Request
Our client is one of the leading multi-channel marketing solutions company's in the UK. With a multi-million turnover and sites across the country, they provide high end products and solutions to a varied client market.
Purpose of Job: To support the goals of the company, to achieve the orderly and efficient operation of the Warehouse, Transport and Pick & Pack Department, ensuring that budgets and commercial targets are met, and to help to ensure the smooth running of the Production Department.
To help to achieve the Clients SLAs, to meet their planned schedules, customer specifications and expectations. Reports to: Production Director
- To gain a full knowledge of the range of services provided in the Warehouse, Transport and Pick & Pack Department.
- To be able to understand the company's Management Information Systems in regards to stock management and bay location, goods in & out, catalogue creation, delivery notes, transport requests, pick & pack, goods returned and the management of overs.
- To manage the Warehouse, Transport & Pick & Pack staff and the daily collections and deliveries to the site.
- To be fully conversant with and to monitor all aspects of the department Health and Safety and the safety and maintenance of the department's vehicles, including the record keeping of all repairs and servicing.
- To develop and deliver a continuous training programme for the development of department staff.
- To foster a close working relationship with the other departments within Production to ensure a harmonious and productive working atmosphere.
- To investigate and recommend and install new and innovative technical solutions including AIDC, RFID, barcoding and handheld devices to make ensure the efficient and productive use of the available space and manpower.
- To ensure that all of the correct procedures are followed for ISO quality checking and the appropriate paperwork is completed.
- To help ensure that all of the departments SLA's are met.
- To perform the required daily machine and vehicle safety checks.
- To raise and log all engineer calls.
- To help to achieve team and individual targets as set by the Production Department Management.
- To complete time sheets and quality control documentation as required by the senior management team.
- Undertake support tasks as required by the senior management team.
- Complete projects as and when requested by the Production Director.
- Strong and effective communication at all levels of the business.
- Good time keeping and attendance.
- Maintain a tidy and clean work area ensuring that the office and desks are kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- Understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures with particular emphasis on quality and health and safety.
- To be willing and able to work overtime at relatively short notice and to cover holidays and sickness as and when required.
Internal Relationships: All staff and Departments as required but in particular the Client Services Team and the Production Department Heads
External Relationships: Suppliers, Clients as and when required.
Skills / Abilities:
- Good verbal, written and listening skills
- Able to generate innovative and effective solutions to meet requirements
- Able to cope with multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to analyse relevant information to make quality decisions
- Must be methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Generate solutions to meet the customer requirements
- Team player, able and willing to assist other members of the team
- Flexible and able to cope under pressure and demonstrate a level of emotional control and resilience
- Able to maintain good disciplines and standards, initiative, and drive
- Understanding of commercial issues surrounding jobs
- Able to ensure that all documentation is complete and accurate