Technical Value Engineer (Ref: PK7816)
NEW VACANCY! (PK7816)
TECHNICAL VALUE ENGINEER
COMMUTABLE FROM BUCKS / NORTHANTS / CAMBS / BEDS
Up to £33K + Company Car + Good Pension Plan and Share Options
37.5 hours per week - normal office hours (9-5)
Our client is a leading manufacturer of bespoke, innovative Corrugated Packaging Solutions. They are currently looking to recruit a Technical Value Engineer to join their team. For this role you will work closely with key accounts while developing relationships with Key Stakeholders. You will be reporting to the Design & Innovation Manager while working alongside other Technical Team Members to ensure KPI targets are met.
- Work closely with Key Accounts, developing relationships with Key Stakeholders.
- Provide feedback & advice to Customers, Account Managers, or other Stakeholders on best fit packaging solutions.
- Provide innovative ideas and designs to generate direct / indirect savings.
- Take design briefs from Customers, Account Managers, or other Stakeholders.
- Generate production samples using AG CAD software.
- Provide written reports to support proposals, either in Word or Excel format.
- Manage multiple projects from multiple Stakeholders to achieve required deadlines.
- Test packaging specifications on demand and provide associated written reports to Stakeholders.
- Carry out testing of proposed solutions to ensure fit for purpose status prior to full introduction.
- Maintain the tech dept records to standards required.
- Provide information and advice to other colleagues on request.
- Ability to work under own initiative, ensuring required deadlines are met.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail, thoroughness, and a methodical approach to work.
- Works at a pace that matches the requirements of the business and recognises the importance of timely completion of tasks.
- Adapts to changes and uses resources effectively.
- Ability to arrange work schedules and prioritises work to meet deadlines.
- Seeks clarification and approval where appropriate before commences new projects or working methods.
- Monitors and manages own time to ensure daily objectives are met.
- Develops and improves procedures in agreement with Line Manager.
- Accepts additional challenges and responsibilities willingly and assists others.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with others.
- Shares information and resources with others as required.
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions of management and respond to requests from others in the team in a helpful manner.
- Contributing work and effort to group performance to meet agreed upon objectives and achieve team success.
- Willingness to work extra hours or help in areas outside of role.
- Use of initiative to ensure tasks are completed.
- Supportive of Manager and wider team goals and objectives.
- Carry out any reasonable request by the business.
- Experience of achieving customer savings through reengineering and / or establishment of new ways of working.
- Project management experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of business-to-business sales environment, particularly in a high volume, low margin context.