Production/Quality Manager - Flexible Packaging (Ref: PK6202)
NEW VACANCY (PK6202)
PRODUCTION/QUALITY MANAGER - FLEXIBLE PACKAGING (PRE-MADE BAGS & POUCHES)
COMMUTABLE AREAS: CHESHIRE, GREATER MANCHESTER, TAMESIDE, THE WIRRAL
Salary up to £40K depending on experience + Bonus Scheme + Christmas Bonus + Pension
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8.30-17.00
Our client is a growing international packaging supply company based in Cheshire. They supply a wide range of primary and secondary packaging. These include films, laminates, pre-formed bags and pouches - doypack and retort, high quality print in flexo or gravure up to 10.
They are looking for a Production / Quality Manager with a strong printing background and knowledge of flexible packaging and film structures.
- Maintain product, systems & audit requirements for BRC Agents & Brokers certification
- Undertake Internal and External audits of systems, processes and Food Safety of products
- Have a clear understanding of current Regulations on plastics in contact with Food and apply HACCP, TACCP and VACCP principles to operations
- Have and maintain a clear understanding of the Food Contact Regulations for Plastics and operate a Lab testing protocol with the factories, in order to provide a Declaration of Compliance (legal requirement)
- Review all new product lines and versions for accuracy of the product specification prior to system loading
- Create and maintain Job folders, check that production samples remain in tolerance and without production errors
- Annual Declaration of Packaging Waste, requiring collation of data from the previous year's trading and submitting a declaration of usage via our Compliance Scheme. Identifying any reasons for variation to trend and maintaining an explanatory users guide.
- Create Product Specification Sheets for every product line and subsequent amendments / versions.
- Investigate, validate and address all Customer Complaints and undertake Site Visits where required. This also includes inspection of faulty returned stock.
- Create Non-Conformance Documentation and follow-up on all product & systems failures to identify the Root Cause and ensure that the Corrective Action undertaken has been effective. Initiate claim cost recovery from suppliers where required.
- Maintain supplier's database to ensure all certification and testing etc. remains up to date and the relevant documents are held on file
- Provide Materials, Print and Logistics technical support to customers and our Sales Team.
- Update/create unloading manifest for container and airfreight arrivals
- Undertake container and airfreight inspections
- Strong printing background, ideally with an understanding of Flexo and Gravure
- Knowledge of Flexible Packaging and film structures
- Experience and understanding of repro processes
- Fully conversant with X-rite and other colour management systems
- Artwork development and approval, including the ability to clearly understand technical drawings (cutters / keylines)
- International supply logistics
- Understanding of BRC and ISO quality systems
- Ability to undertake overseas and domestic travel where required
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and databases (using in-house system)
- Ability to prioritise and work both independently and within a team
- Attentive to details and problem-solving approach
- Basic understanding of chemistry and laboratory testing of packaging and/or print
- Experience or knowledge of automated filling / packing line technology