Field Based Sales Manager - Rental Bulk Packaging (Ref: PK6413)
NEW VACANCY! (PK6413)
FIELD BASED SALES MANAGER - RENTAL BULK PACKAGING
NATIONAL ROLE - IDEAL LOCATION IS AROUND THE M62 CORRIDOR
Up to £40K + 40% Bonus (based on Objectives) + Company Car + Health Insurance + Pension
Our client offers Returnable Transit Packaging (RTP) rental solutions to UK retailers, food manufacturers, food service operations and growers. Our client is looking for a field-based Sales Manager ideally located in or around the M62 corridor to inherit a small number of accounts and to develop new business across the UK.
You will be responsible for delivering sales growth and supporting the business strategy: To maintain high levels of rental utilisation and customer service, to ensure budgeted targets are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have a proven B2B sales background and will have a good understanding of similar rental or pooling products. Experience working with big blue-chip brands in the Retail, Logistics or Manufacturing industry would be advantageous.
- Identify opportunities for the company's range of services including Product Rental, Pooling, Repairs and Asset Management
- Win new business that positively contributes to EBITDA and budget expectations
- Establish and build relationships with existing and potential customers
- Help drive and shape company sales strategy to maximise profitability and long term growth potential
- To identify sales opportunities and persuade prospects that company products and services best meet their requirements
- To develop and nurture long term relationships with existing and prospective customers, and interpret their requirements
- To identify profitable opportunities with new and existing customers for 'added value' services (e.g. washing, inspection, repair, storage, asset management)
- To meet individual sales targets
- To support sales colleagues to meet collective targets
- To understand commercial models and ensure new business fits within these criteria
- To deliver new business with a 'win-win' philosophy for sustainable long term growth
- To look for 'alternative' opportunities in existing or new markets and build compelling business cases where appropriate
- Confident and smart with a professional style, approach and appearance
- A conscientious and highly motivated self-starter with 'can do' attitude and ability to prioritise
- Inquisitive and curious with a creative and enquiring mind
- Philosophy of continuous improvement and making customer solutions 'as best as they can be'
- Team player - ability to work alone and as part of a small team
- 'Hungry' for new opportunities and maximisation of profits
- A full driving licence
- Extensive travel is a necessity with nights away from home
- Microsoft Excel/Word (Intermediate Level) & Microsoft Outlook (email)