Factory Manager (Ref: PK7139)
NEW VACANCY (PK7139)
Salary Guide: Circa £32K
Hours of working: 7am - 3:30pm Monday to Thursday 7am - 11:30am Friday
Our client is a very well-established packaging manufacturer Based in the North West who specialise in paper and corrugated packaging solutions
Our client is currently looking to a Factory Manager for their Sheet plant facility, the role will be responsible for approx. 12 members of staff, our client is happy to consider candidates from any packaging background
- Reporting to the Production Director
- To operate at the highest professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Direct day to day management of the site and their production management teams.
- Drive gains in output while reducing controllable waste and unnecessary cost
- Manage and oversee the control of internal issues with potentially critical financial and customer impact such as stock management.
- Oversee and manage day to day production planning in order to optimize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain database to provide the Production Director with regular reports and data on critical areas of cost, productivity and output both weekly/monthly and in some cases daily.
- Develop maintain and manage an effective and appropriate preventative maintenance program.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, empowerment and accountability.
- Identify areas to significantly enhance production capability. Manage and deliver, on budget, associated and other ad hoc capital projects.
- Ensure the on-going development of team members and other staff through coaching, constructive feedback, both direct and through line managers. Identifying your own and team's on-going development/training needs.
- Undertake annual appraisals as required
- Stay up to date with all market, competitor, industry and legislative developments, ensuring that the senior management team are briefed on their likely impact.
- As a member of the senior management team, work across functions with other members of that team to ensure maximum performance of the company.
- As a member of the senior management team ensure that you constantly display customer focus and reflect the culture of the core values of the business.