Event & Exhibitions Carpenter (Ref: SC2963)
NEW VACANCY! (SC2963)
EVENT & EXHIBITIONS CARPENTER
£Open (Depending on Experience) + Overtime
Our client is a leading large format graphics and display company based in Kent. They are currently looking for an enthusiastic, experienced hands on, skilled Carpenter to join their expanding team to work in their Events and Exhibition build team. Producing large scale projects and builds for various client sectors including commercial interiors, high street retailers, exhibitions and events, experiential events, roadshows, conferences and exhibitions.
The role of Carpenter is to achieve "Right First Time" event builds that are within budget & adhere to all required Health & Safety guidelines and procedures across the full variety of clients and markets with a specific focus on live events large and small.
You will work closely with Production Managers, Project Managers, Operations Managers, other skilled Carpenters and the operations teams to ensure all projects and live build Installations are delivered and all requirements and needs of the client are met and exceeded.
You will provide comprehensive build and carpentry support on projects and tasks with day to day job requirements such as:
- Attending daily production meetings
- Working with Production Managers to work to build schedules and develop build and event ideas.
- Practicable build and construction both at the production facility and also on site at client builds and event sites.
- Ability to liaise with clients as well as with various tradesmen onsite
- Event and exhibition build, festivals and roadshows experience
- Hardworking, reliable ability to work as part of a team and take instruction or lead a team
- Understanding of build drawings for projects that can be followed for build purposes
- Working knowledge of drawings and planning processes within a busy production environment
- Skilled in all wood shop tools and machinery such as wall saws, table saws etc
- CNC experience would be good, but training will be provided
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent timekeeping and good communication skills
- Comfortable with manual lifting and working at heights
- Fantastic carpentry/joinery skills and experience
- Knowledge of using Octanorm and event build systems would be beneficial
- Knowledge of electrical LED lighting systems and AV would be beneficial
- Excellent ability to problem solve, work to deadlines with fantastic organisation skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritise, you will be working across a number of activities with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to get in involved with all areas of an event or exhibition build
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office suite
- Fork lift licence - desirable but not essential
- Health and Safety trained - desirable
- Clean driving licence - essential