Business Unit Director - Technical Films (Ref: PK7496)
NEW VACANCY! (PK7496)
JOB TITLE: BUSINESS UNIT DIRECTOR - TECHNICAL FILMS
LOCATION: Principally based at company premises, commutable from Northants, Cambridgeshire, South Lincolnshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire & Rutland. (Relocation Assistance also available for anyone prepared to relocate)
INDUSTRY: Printing, Packaging, Flexible Packaging, Food Packaging, Lidding Films, Skin Packaging, Flow Wrap, Pouches & Bags, Foil & Paper Laminates
SALARY: £60-75K (depending on experience) + Company car, or allowance (fully expensed) + 25 days holiday per year plus statutory + Death in service benefit (3x basic salary) + 4% contribution to pension
HOURS: Flexible / Full Time Monday to Friday
COMPANY: This is a genuine opportunity to build a long-term career with a highly profitable and stable business. This role will give you a position of influence in the company, and you will see a link between your efforts and the performance of the business. Our Client is an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) and, as such, it rewards those employees who choose to create a long term, dedicated and successful career within the company.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for ensuring the company offers the highest quality innovative flexible packaging products. Leading a team of 4 people, you will:
* Ensure the quality, suitability, and legality of the Company product range.
* Ensure certification to the BRCGS Agents & Brokers standard is maintained continuously.
* Take a leading role in the company's annual retention of its BRCGS accreditation.
* Deliver a successful new product development programme.
* Ensure that prompt and effective technical service backup to their customers and suppliers is maintained.
* Ensure the company is kept up to date with new technologies and trends in the markets in which the company supply.
* Ensure the Technical Department team is focused on delivering the technical objectives, whilst ensuring these support the wider company objectives.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE: You will have a proven experience in a technical role within the flexible packaging industry. You will have displayed leadership and management of teams. You are likely to have a background in material science. Practical experience is crucial, and you will have a strong working knowledge of the packaging machinery used with flexible packaging in the food industry. You will have excellent customer facing skills, being a great listener and problem solver. You are motivated and determined to exceed customer expectations. In addition, you will be self-sufficient, able to work independently as well as part of a close team. You will thrive within a company with happy, well-motivated colleagues, who are highly valued. You will be excited by the prospect of working and meeting customers and suppliers from all around the world.
START DATE: ASAP
TO APPLY: Please forward a current CV with the job reference number and a cover letter