Area Sales Manager - Surface Protection Films (Ref: PK5698)
NEW VACANCY! (PK5698)
AREA SALES MANAGER - SURFACE PROTECTION FILMS
NORTH OF ENGLAND / SCOTLAND
Salary £30 -40K + Performance Related Bonus + up to 10% Pension
Company Car/ Allowance
Our client is a well-established, leading innovative protective packaging company specialising in coated and coextruded self-adhesive protective films. Core areas of business are in the Building sector, Household Appliances, Automotive and Electronics.
They are currently looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager in a home based role to cover the North of England and Scotland. You will inherit a portfolio of existing customers to manage and you will be tasked with new business development although the main focus will be on maintaining the current client base.
Our Client's ethos is based on three principle foundations: innovation, quality and service, supported by highly motivated teams sharing the same values. Innovative in house research and development sections have opened up new areas of application offering the very best protection solutions supported by a worldwide network of service centres. Quality levels are continuously evaluated and improved through a strong training policy for all teams and investment in the most modern facilities in the industry.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Identify strategic business opportunities to increase sales of the company's products within your area
- Promotion of company facilities & new products to clients through a proactive approach
- Develop and submit quotes to customers, negotiating as necessary to secure the contracts
- Having the ability to recognise opportunities and the sales experience to nurture prospects into clients
- Develop a portfolio of clients into key accounts and lead a sales strategy for the UK
- Servicing the needs of existing customers
- Deliver sales updates and reporting
- Identify and develop prospects into clients
- Reporting of key quotations and new business opportunities to the SD
- Identify new markets for product development
- Implement marketing, advertising and promotion planning as required
- Prioritise activities and prospects towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales
- Extensive travel within sales area
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors
- Experience in any protective or barrier film or adhesive materials is preferred particularly if selling to the following industries: automotive, engineering, metalworking, white goods, plastic manufacturing or resellers
- Motivated and self-directed sales professional that can operate within company guidelines and with current external sales experience.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, negotiation and management skills with a strong business work ethic, positive attitude and professional demeanour required
- Computer literate